High-performance surfactant system for sensorial cleansing
Miracare® SLB is a surfactant system comprised of innovative blends that form liquid crystal structures in cleansing formulations. This phase consists of a close packed network of spherulites which, due to their form and elastic properties, can easily glide and slip within this network, providing the ability to formulate pourable liquids that can suspend insoluble oils and solids.
Miracare® SLB systems have a unique rheology profile that provides aesthetically pleasing textures and allows formulators to:
- Suspend high levels of natural conditioning oils
- Generate dense and rich foam, even in the presence of oil
- Incorporate high levels of fragrances and essential oils
- Create lotion-like textures
- Suspend insoluble actives such as triclosan or zinc pyrithione
- Incorporate high molecular weight polymers
The Customer Challenge
New-generation cleansing products need to add health and wellness benefits to their existing qualities, as consumers now require high levels of care capability such as moisturizing, energizing and rejuvenation. The technological challenge for formulators is to combine and stabilize additives to provide nurturing benefits while maintaining foaming and cleansing effects.
Features & Benefits
Rhodia’s Miracare® SLB is ideal for use in creating body washes, liquid soaps, facial washes and shampoos. It allows formulators to create rinse-off products that meet the needs and perceptions of today’s consumers, as well as to develop cleansing products that combine breakthrough performance with an exceptional in-use experience.
Miracare® SLB provides:
- a rich, long-lasting foam
- 24-hour moisturization
- germ protection
- a lotion-like texture
- a smooth after-feel
Miracare® SLB is easy to use.
A structured surfactant liquid formulation can be made in three steps:
- Aqueous phase preparation - add water to Miracare® SLB
- Oil phase introduction
- Structuring by adding salt and pH adjustment